Who Can Diagnose ADHD or ADD? Doctors, Psychologists, Neurologists & More - physicians who diagnose adult add


Finding a Doctor to Diagnose and Treat ADHD physicians who diagnose adult add

No long waits for your first consult. Same day, evening and weekends available.

A psychologist, a psychiatrist, or a neurologist is best equipped to diagnose ADHD in adults. A master level therapist is recommended only for.

Attention deficit disorder (ADHD or ADD) can be diagnosed by a psychiatrist, a psychologist, a pediatrician or family doctor, a nurse practitioner, a neurologist, a master level counselor, or a social worker.​ Choosing the appropriate professional to conduct an ADHD diagnosis.

To diagnose ADHD in adults, the doctor will need a history of the adult's behavior as a child. The doctor may also interview the patient's spouse.